Training / Seminars
Our Approach is to blend traditional methods with current trends and best practices to teach and reinforce lessons provided in the classroom. Our program is a support service that lifts all students no matter where they start out.
Our Focus is primarily on reading, language arts and math skills. Upon request, Amyra offers assistance in science and social studies. We work with students who fall into performance categories from low to high, including ESL, special needs and gifted learners, participate in dynamic, interactive sessions. The results are amplified when session agendas are blended with supplemental materials provided by the schools. All sessions are tailored to the student’s individual interests and needs.
Our Program Goals
• Connect K-12 students to the skills and knowledge they need for their academic and career paths.
• Utilize supplemental resources provided by the school to build individualized sessions.
• Incorporate student interests to boost individual engagement.
• Support learners, teachers, parents and administrators.
• Inspire youths to become the skilled, inquisitive people their communities need them to be.
• Strengthen the link between secondary and postsecondary education.
• Maximize successful, seamless transitions to different educational levels.
• Convey the benefits of lifelong learning.
• Engage, enable, and empower students at every level of ability.
At Amyra, we assist students in grades K-12 with reading, language arts and math skills application.
• Reading and language arts tutorials include alphabet, phonemic awareness, phonics, word recognition, vocabulary development, high-frequency words, fluency, comprehension, and research skills.
• Mathematics tutorials include addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, and pre-calculus. We can assist with other curriculum areas such as science and social studies as requested.
STAR assessments provide the most reliable actionable data in the least amount of testing time (usually 20 minutes or less). The assessments include skills-based test items and are easy to administer. STAR assessments empower educators to focus on what matters most—individualizing instruction to accelerate learning.
The system is computer adaptive, and uses sophisticated item calibration and psychometrics to adjust to students’ unique responses. In-depth reports for screening, instructional planning, progress monitoring, and standards benchmarking are generated. Teachers, administrators and schools receive immediate access to skill-specific data to help them target instruction and practice, select students for intervention, and predict state-test performance.
Using STAR assessments, tutors and the schools in which they work will be able to track results during the tutorial program and make adjustments as indicated. At the end of the tutorial program, Amyra and the school will be able to measure improvement, achievement, and skills performance for all participants.